Action you must take before going to court

Before you can file a lawsuit you must present claims to certain governmental agencies. If you intend to pursue a claim under a California leave of absence law, you must present a complaint to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (“DFEH”) within one year. If you pursue your medical leave claims under the federal FMLA, you must generally present a claim to the U. S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) within 180 days. Those agencies may investigate your claim and take action against the employer or they may simply give you a written notice of your right to sue your employer in court. Either way, a notice of right to sue is necessary before you can file a claim in court.

For a free consultation about your FMLA rights with an experienced employee rights attorney, contact David Spivak:

  • Email
  • Call toll free (877) 277-2950
  • Visit The Spivak Law Firm, 16530 Ventura Boulevard Suite 312 Encino, CA 91436
  • Fax (310) 499-4739

The Spivak Law Firm is a full service employee rights law firm. David Spivak and his team are proud to represent aggrieved employees like you in the following matters:

For further information on your rights in the work place, please visit our other websites:

Wrongful termination
Sexual harassment
Unpaid wages and overtime
Family and medical leave
Pregnancy discrimination
Disability discrimination
Age discrimination
Employee Rights Blog CaliforniaEmployeeRightsAttorney.

footer|(877) 277-2950 Toll Free|(310) 499-4730 Office|(424) 245-0658 Mobile

Who We Are|What We Do|Press & Publicity|Blog|Contact Us|Site Map|Legal Disclaimer

© 2017 The Spivak Law Firm - All Rights Reserved

Designed & Developed By JSDeBord, Inc.